Our purpose is to positively impact people’s lives every day in every home around the world! We work very hard to provide our consumers with high-quality, exciting 5-star products that make life easier. We thrive on passion and innovation and are looking for great people, with great ideas, who want to build the next big thing and develop while they do.
We are looking for an individual who has proven experience in leading both Indirect Procurement and Sourcing of Direct Materials. The ideal candidate will have experience partnering with Product Development to design and implement sourcing and supply chain solutions for consumable products that meet our launch requirements for cost, quality, service and timing. This role requires an individual with broad knowledge and experience across the end-to-end supply chain as well as strong Procurement leadership experience. This is a high-visibility role, partnering with executives and their teams to ensure lowest cost operational expenses and sourcing costs that deliver the service and quality SharkNinja demands. Successful candidates will have strong communication skills, influencing skills, and analytical skills. They will be motivated by a fast-paced start-up environment that requires agility and flexibility.
- Partner with Product Development, Engineering, and FP&A teams to understand product requirements, with focus on consumables.
- Lead defining and executing of the best service and quality, lowest cost sourcing and supply chain solutions for new products being developed (emphasis on consumables supply chains).
- Define scorecards and key metrics and institute tracking to ensure flawless execution.
- Ensure assumptions, risks and opportunities are identified, monitored, and reported on to ensure flawless execution. Ensure risks have mitigations clearly outlined.
- Hold appropriate personnel accountable, including functional leaders, to deliver on agreed to actions for mitigation of risk or realization of opportunities identified. Escalate to leadership team as appropriate.
- Keep focus of the consumer and retailer experiences through each facet of supply chain design.
- Continuously improve approach to RFQ/RFP processes and contracting requirements.
- Partner with executives across SharkNinja to ensure lowest cost partnerships impacting operational expenses.
The VP, Indirect & Domestic Sourcing will be a procurement and supply chain professional with experience commercializing new products in organizations known for flawless launch execution. This leader must be a proactive, action-oriented leader with the ability to quickly solve complex problems and a “make it happen” attitude. This leader must also have strong experience partnering with and influencing cross functional partners, including product development, commercial, manufacturing, and logistics. Most importantly, this individual must balance the strategic and hands-on requirements of this position with a flexible working style and a proven ability to influence key internal and external stakeholders.
Ideally, the VP, Indirect & Domestic Sourcing will bring:
- Demonstrated experience in defining new product supply chains that deliver best-in-class service at the lowest possible cost; experience with consumables supply chains is a requirement.
- Experience across key supply chain functions, including manufacturing, quality, planning, distribution, logistics, order management, sourcing, and/or procurement.
- Experience and understanding of global supply chain dynamics and considerations.
- Proven experience in using data (KPIs) in a measurable way to achieve specific strategic results that are relevant to the organization. The ideal candidate will have strong analytical skills to develop, measure and improve key performance indicators.
- Proven experience leading indirect procurement globally.
- Track record of quickly developing solutions to complex problems that require a high degree of ingenuity, creativity, and innovativeness.
- An entrepreneurial spirit and comfort working in a dynamic, fun, fast-paced environment.
- Experience partnering with product development, engineering, marketing, finance, and/or sales to flawlessly launch new products.
- A team oriented and collaborative approach. Proven results building effective long-term relationships at all levels, internally and externally, and going the extra mile for customers.
- Proven track record of delivering results through influencing across functions.
- Strong negotiation skills to reach consensus, alignment, and commitment.
- Ability to communicate for impact, both verbally and in writing; ability to adjust communication and style depending on audience (technical vs. executive leadership).
- Unpretentious confidence. Communicate transparently – listen actively and speak respectfully.
- Operate with a strong work ethic and an unrelenting resolve to follow through and meet commitments.
- A demonstrated willingness to learn, roll-up their sleeves and set an example for the team as a “doer.”
- Flexibility and ability to adjust on the fly, to new demands with a high sense of urgency.
- Fast moving consumer goods experience a plus.
EDUCATION And OTHER SKILLS
- Bachelor’s degree, in a discipline relevant to Supply Chain, such as Supply Chain Management or Engineering.
- A Master’s degree in Business Administration or technical discipline, while not required, will further differentiate the ideal candidate.
- At least 15 years of industry-related experience including five years in a leadership role.
- Travel Required (Domestic & International) – up to 25%
- Flexible work schedule to accommodate virtual meetings with global regions
At SharkNinja, Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion are vital to our global success. Valuing each unique voice and blending all of our diverse skills strengthens SharkNinja’s innovation every day. We support ALL associates in bringing their authentic selves to work, making an impact, and having the opportunity for career acceleration. With help from our leadership, associates, and our community, we aim to have equity be a key component of the SharkNinja DNA.
YOUR ROLE in leading our SUCCESS DRIVERS & representing our UNIQUE MINDSET
- Lead us to be “RARELY SATISFIED”
- Make things better each day; “PROGRESS OVER PERFECTION”
- Use your knowledge of our consumer, understand that “DETAILS MAKE THE DIFFERENCE”
- Deliver something great; “WINNING IS A TEAM SPORT”
- Be clear and honest, “COMMUNICATING FOR IMPACT”
Explore SharkNinja on our social channels:
SharkNinja’s Candidate Privacy Notice can be found here: https://www.sharkninja.com/candidate-privacy-notice/
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability, or any other class protected by legislation, and local law. SharkNinja will consider reasonable accommodations consistent with legislation, and local law. If you require a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, please contact SharkNinja People & Culture at [email protected]