JOB TITLE Senior Buyer, Information & Digital Technology / Digital Business Solution
SUB FUNCTION Procurement
CITY & COUNTRY Winston-Salem, NC, USA
What are the key objectives and expectations from this role?
To manage the strategic sourcing of materials and services for British American Tobacco / Reynolds American through the development of innovative and sustainable sourcing strategies to deliver a significant competitive advantage for the company.
Director, Indirect Procurement
Number of Direct Reports
Internal – Key stakeholders across all functions and levels, other procurement staff
External – Vendors / Suppliers
Local – North Carolina, USA
Up to 10%
- Develop and implement Agreements with suppliers to promote an environment of continuous improvement and innovation.
- Ensure full cross-functional commitment to strategies through communication, education and evaluation of initiatives.
- Analyse financial and market data, to build and maintain knowledge on all aspects of our external environment, to ensure that Procurement proactively manages the Indirects portfolio.
- Collaborate with other BAT OpCo’s to support Regional & Global initiatives and ensure costs benchmark favourably.
- Educate both internal and external stakeholders on local and global policies and procedures.
- Manage the company’s supply portfolio ensuring transparency of spending and saving opportunities.
- Develop category plan related to Indirect categories that are country specific and the associated achievement of cost savings.
- Ability to demonstrate innovative solutions to complicated purchasing initiatives, in a fast moving and demanding environment.
- Develop, advocate, and implement sourcing and negotiation strategies for key spend areas to achieve short and long-term savings targets.
- Implement performance guarantee contracts to minimize risk and increase supplier accountability for non-performance.
- Participate in further improvement, optimization and implementation of changes as required for process improvements.
- In-depth knowledge of the market/competition and an ability to gather and use relevant internal and external information to make commercial decisions (SWOT, demand/supply, supplier relationship types, H-ESG).
- Conduct periodic Supplier Relationship Management (SRM) performance reviews with key suppliers to drive performance and commercial benefits for the business.
- Identify projects and initiatives to increase efficiencies and drive resolution of detailed plans for assigned planning area of responsibility, necessary to achieve customer delivery commitments and to maintain inventory targets, where applicable.
Experience, Skills, Knowledge
- High level of commercial awareness.
- Understanding of legal issues and contractual principles to effectively formulate contracts and Agreements.
- Proficient in the management of multi-functional teams and high level of project management skills.
- Strong project management, analytical, problem-solving and leadership skills.
- Ability to negotiate and sustain networking relationships.
- Ability to make sound and timely decisions in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong organizational, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Strong project and time management.
- Driven, energetic, flexible, and adaptable to change.
- Strong sense of ethics and ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Must be able to mange internal clients through the ability to influence for the betterment of the company.
- High level interpersonal skills.
Education / Qualifications / Certifications Required
- High School Diploma or equivalent and 10+ years of relevant work experience, or Associates with 8+ years of experience, or Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Engineering or related field and 4+ years relevant work experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft office suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Power BI)
- Proficiency in Contract Lifecycle Management (iCertis)
- Competent of eRFX applications (Coupa)
Solid experience with information and digital technology procurement supporting software, hardware, information security, network architecture, communications networks, and cloud services, etc.
Preferably, candidates that has experience working in a highly regulated environment.
WE ARE REYNOLDS AMERICAN—A member of the BRITISH AMERICAN TOBACCO GROUP
At Reynolds American, we are committed to our Purpose of creating A Better Tomorrow. This is what drives our people and our passion for innovation. See what is possible for you at REYNOLDS AMERICAN.
- Global Top Employer with 53,000 British American Tobacco employees across more than 180 markets
- Reynolds American certified as Great Place to Work
- Brands sold in over 200 markets, made in 44 factories in 42 countries
- Newly established Tech Hubs building world-class capabilities for innovation in 4 strategic locations
- Diversity leader in the Financial Times and International Women’s Day Best Practice winner
- Seal Award winner – one of 50 most sustainable companies
BELONGING, ACHIEVING, TOGETHER
Have you been on a career break for 18 months or longer? Are you ready to return to your career? If your answers to these questions is yes, we would love to hear from you. Regardless of why you took a break, we value you for all the skills you can bring to the workforce. Reignite your career, work flexibly, be part of a dynamic team and upskill yourself with on-the-job training and development support.
Collaboration, diversity, and teamwork underpin everything we do here at Reynolds American. We know that collaborating with colleagues from different backgrounds is what makes us stronger and best prepared to meet our business goals. Come bring your difference!
The following is a general summary of the competitive compensation and benefit plans we offer
- 401(k) plan that offers opportunity to save on pre- and post-tax basis up to 50 percent of eligible compensation.
- Company matches 100 percent of employee pre-tax/Roth (401k) contributions up to six percent
- Company contributes an additional three percent to 401(k) whether employee participates or not
- Comprehensive health- and welfare-benefits package (including medical, dental, vision, and prescription drugs)
- Health Savings Account start-up contribution for employees who elect the high deductible health plan
- Flexible spending accounts for both Health Care and Dependent Care allowing employee to use pre-tax dollars to pay for qualified expenses during the calendar year
- Employee assistance program offering 8 free counselling sessions, per issue, each calendar year for employees and their dependents
- Company paid life insurance of 1x annual base pay ($50,000 minimum)
- Company paid accidental death or dismemberment insurance of 2x annual base pay ($50,000 minimum)
- Voluntary insurances offered at group rates employee and dependent life insurance, AD&D insurance, critical illness, accident coverage, disability buy-up, and auto & home insurance
- Tuition reimbursement and student loan support
- Dependent Scholarship Programs
- Free confidential personal financial counselling service
- On-site health centers and 24/7 fitness centers at certain company locations
- A charitable giving matching grants program that enables employees to direct and double their donations to qualifying charitable organizations of their choice
- Health-care concierge service
- Volunteer service opportunities
- Extensive training opportunities
- Company vehicle for eligible employees
- Mobile phone allowance for eligible employees
- Paid Leave
- Sick and Personal Time (exempt employees may be excused with pay for brief absences; non-exempt employees receive up to 6 days)
- Vacation (levels Below Senior Director receive 15 days (pro-rated during first year of service); Senior Director and Officers receive 25 days (pro-rated during first year of service)).
- Holidays (Nine company recognized and two annual personal holidays to be used at the employee’s discretion)
- Paid Parental Leave + temporary reduced work schedule opportunity
- Funeral Leave
- Short-Term Disability Leave
- Long-Term Disability Leave
- Jury Duty Leave
- Military Leave
- Released Time for Children’s Education
- Community Outreach Leave
- Other paid leave benefits, as required by state or local law
Our organization offers a level of challenge, responsibility, and creativity for motivated employees who want to grow their careers. We are also committed to employing a diverse workforce and valuing different perspectives, experiences, and talents to improve the company’s potential for optimally achieving its business objectives!
Reynolds American Inc.and its affiliated companies is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Only applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should contact us directly via email at [email protected].