ProcureAbility is the leading procurement services company, offering advisory, managed services, digital, staffing, and recruiting solutions. For more than 25 years, we have focused exclusively on helping clients elevate their procurement function. We combine leading methodologies, analytics, market intelligence, and industry benchmarks with our uniquely flexible and customizable service delivery model. The Fortune 1000 trusts ProcureAbility to transform their procurement operations, drive growth, and reimagine what’s possible.
The Procurement Consultant/Senior Procurement Consultant role (level dependent upon experience) is a high-visibility position that provides extensive opportunities to foster and grow your consulting career under the direction and guidance of dynamic management and the Executive Leadership team. Consultants engage directly with our clients on various Procurement and Supply Chain related initiatives focused on improving efficiency, driving effectiveness, and increasing their ability to influence spend and drive value through their organizations.
What can you expect to do?
- In this role, you will gain experience through various projects, ranging from small, one-off projects to larger, longer-duration projects.
- Strong quantitative & presentation skills (Data Analytics, advanced Excel & PowerPoint) are required.
- This person must be able to take direction from stakeholders at different levels and produce quality work without detailed oversight.
- This position will assist and manage workstreams within various client projects, such as operational and opportunity assessments, strategic sourcing, spend assessments, and other procurement and supply chain consulting activities for various consulting and internal projects.
- Consultants report to a Project Manager for each project.
- Supply chain and procurement assessments: interviewing, modeling and analytics, report writing.
- Strategic Sourcing Initiatives: scoping, market and supplier research, RFx (development, management, and evaluation), and negotiations.
- Internal benchmarking, client research, proposal development, and other internal projects.
What is the experience needed to be successful in this role?
- 2-7+ years of previous consulting experience with top-tier consulting firms is highly preferred.
- 3-6+ years of experience in procurement, either consulting or as a practitioner.
- Must have solid experience in strategic sourcing and category management.
- Advanced level skills with financial assessments, data assessments, MS Excel (including pivot tables), charts and graphs, and MS PowerPoint presentations.
- Undergraduate Degree in Supply Chain Management, Business, Economics, Engineering, Finance, or equivalent from a top-tier school.
- Experience sourcing IT (software, hardware, and telecom are desired, but any indirect sourcing experience will be considered).
- Project experience working for F500 clients advising on large software contracts with big suppliers, Microsoft, SAP, Oracle, etc., is highly valued.
- Technical proficiency with spend assessments and visibility tools to scope opportunity assessments, e.g., create spend assessments, establish baseline spend, and calculate realized savings from sourcing events.
Why should you apply?
In addition to benefits provided by Jabil, at ProcureAbility, we have an amazing team of collaborative, fun, and passionate employees. ProcureAbility has always been a remote organization and has developed a culture and structure that takes that into consideration. Along with a comprehensive benefits package, we offer additional benefits to help our employees grow. These include:
- Excellent growth and advancement opportunities that reward strong performance.
- Collaborative culture and an entrepreneurial work environment.
- Engaging employee resource groups and other interest groups.
- Virtual team building and regional in-person volunteer and social events.
- The ability to participate in firm strategic initiatives.
- Ancillary Benefit Program which currently includes reimbursement for fitness, home office productivity, personal enrichment, professional development, books and newspaper subscriptions, secure traveler programs, and monthly student loan repayment assistance.
This role is remote and may be based in any US location.
Please note that travel for client work may be required for upwards of 50% of this role.
Learn more about the benefits of joining the ProcureAbility team: https://procureability.com/careers/
ProcureAbility, A Jabil Company,is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as a person with a disability, or other legally protected characteristics.
If you are a Qualified Person with a Disability or a Disabled Veteran and require assistance making your application, please get in touch with HR at [email protected].
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply for jobs unless they meet every qualification. At ProcureAbility, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.