This is where you save and sustain lives
At Baxter, we are deeply connected by our mission. No matter your role at Baxter, your work makes a positive impact on people around the world. You’ll feel a sense of purpose throughout the organization, as we know our work improves outcomes for millions of patients.
Baxter’s products and therapies are found in almost every hospital worldwide, in clinics and in the home. For over 85 years, we have pioneered significant medical innovations that transform healthcare.
Together, we create a place where we are happy, successful and inspire each other. This is where you can do your best work.
Join us at the intersection of saving and sustaining lives— where your purpose accelerates our mission.
Your role at Baxter
The Senior Category Manager leads IT categories globally with a total spend in excess of $50 million with opportunity for scope expansion, reporting to the Global Director of Technology and Innovation Procurement within Baxter’s Indirect Procurement team.
This position is responsible for procurement excellence and driving the best value for the categories under management, with key focus on cost, quality, and service. This role involves project management across several functions, business units and global sites and collaborating closely with business partners at the senior level to define priorities, establish strategic and tactical objectives, develop a multi-year category roadmap ensuring accurate alignment of requirements and supply base. Additionally, the leader in this role will continuously and proactively investigate new suppliers/technologies as inputs into our value funnel, supporting our organizational goals while helping to improve patient outcomes.
What you’ll be doing
- Collaborate with internal partners and use these relationships to lead category strategies, pipeline items and short/medium/long-term goals to support the ongoing delivery of product pipeline
- Lead the supplier selection, risk assessment and contract negotiation process for key projects
- Ensure that appropriate Supplier Relationship Management programs are in place for strategic and critical suppliers in the concerned categories of spend
- Provide regular progress updates to Senior Leadership and to key internal partners
- Lead negotiations across critical supply agreements using strong value-based techniques
- Monitor, track and report on savings and incremental value of sourcing activities
- Stimulate and support innovation by using the supplier base, regularly reviewing market developments, and mobilizing the appropriate internal network
- Be an encouraging leader within the organization on key solutions in the marketplace consistently ensuring that Baxter has line of sight to current trends in cost management
What you’ll bring
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in Supply Chain, Information Technology or Business Management
- Minimum 7 years of category management experience with multinational organizations
- Previous experience sourcing Information Technology with an emphasis on Software/SaaS
- Proven experience in people, stakeholder and project management
- Ability to coordinate multiple parallel sourcing initiatives across different business groups
- Very strong analytic and negotiation skills
- Business sense and ability to develop critical thinking
- Experience in contracting includes but not be limited to Master Service Agreements, SaaS and Software License Agreements, Statements of Work, Amendments and NDAs
- Deep understanding of Procurement standard processes, supply markets, suppliers and products
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural and matrix environment
- Sophisticated understanding of pricing models and contracts terms
We understand compensation is an important factor as you consider the next step in your career. At Baxter, we are committed to equitable pay for all employees, and we strive to be more transparent with our pay practices. The estimated base salary for this position is $128,000 – $176,000 annually. The estimated range is meant to reflect an anticipated salary range for the position. We may pay more or less than of the anticipated range based upon market data and other factors, all of which are subject to change. Individual pay is based on upon location, skills and expertise, experience, and other relevant factors. This position may also be eligible for discretionary bonuses and long-term incentive. For questions about this, our pay philosophy, and available benefits, please speak to the recruiter if you decide to apply and are selected for an interview.
The successful candidate for this job may be required to verify that he or she has been vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to reasonable accommodations for individuals with medical conditions or religious beliefs that prevent vaccination, and in accordance with applicable law.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic. EEO is the Law EEO is the law – Poster Supplement Pay Transparency Policy
Reasonable AccommodationsBaxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities globally. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please click on the link here and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.
Recruitment Fraud NoticeBaxter has discovered incidents of employment scams, where fraudulent parties pose as Baxter employees, recruiters, or other agents, and engage with online job seekers in an attempt to steal personal and/or financial information. To learn how you can protect yourself, review our Recruitment Fraud Notice.