Sourcing & Procurement Platforms

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author

1.What Procurement platform (if any) does your organization utilize?

2.Which of the following value streams do you subscribe to utilizing that platform?

a.Upstream

i.Spend Analytics

ii.Category Management

iii.Strategic Sourcing (eRFx)

iv.Contract Management

b.Downstream

i.Supplier Management / Risk

ii.eProcurement (P2P)

iii.Invoice and Payment

iv.Financial Management (dynamic discounts)

3.Please list the PROS/CONS of the platform from your perspective.

4.What is the Annual subscription Price for your platform and upstream/downstream modules? 

Anonymous

1. What Procurement platform (if any) does your organization utilize? – Avetta for vetting in and prequalifying vendors.

2. Which of the following value streams do you subscribe to utilizing that platform?

a. Upstream

i.     Spend Analytics – Qlikview

ii.     Category Management – None

iii.     Strategic Sourcing (eRFx) – Bravo

iv.     Contract Management – None

b. Downstream

i.     Supplier Management / Risk – None

ii.     eProcurement (P2P) – Ariba/SAP

iii.     Invoice and Payment – SAP 

iv.     Financial Management (dynamic discounts)

3. Please list the PROS/CONS of the platform from your perspective. I hear that Bravo solution is not that intuitive and may not yield a lot of benefits if used for simple procurements. Ariba/SAP as basic solution and not platform. Invoices is largely manual process but logged in SAP which is labor intensive. There yet to be a real business case for using Ariba/SAP but I fail to see it. 

4. What is the Annual subscription Price for your platform and upstream/downstream modules? Don’t know.

My company supplies companies like the one requesting the SaaS platform for Source-to-Pay. If you would like to share my contact information I could certainly help address those questions and offer up solutions? Thank You.

Scott Sweetman

(O): +1 732 382 6565, 4596

[email protected]

Anonymous

1. What Procurement platform (if any) does your organization utilize?  Oracle for PR/PO, Invoicing and Expense Submitting.  Ariba for Sourcing, Contracts, and vendor mgt

2. Which of the following value streams do you subscribe to utilizing that platform? 

a. Upstream

i. Spend Analytics – No (we use our in house spend mgt tools)

ii. Category Management – No (we use our own methodology outside any platform)

iii. Strategic Sourcing (eRFx) – Ariba

iv. Contract Management – Ariba

b. Downstream

i. Supplier Management / Risk – RSA

ii. eProcurement (P2P) – Oracle iProc

iii. Invoice and Payment – Oracle Payables

iv. Financial Management (dynamic discounts) – none

3. Please list the PROS/CONS of the platform from your perspective.  Ariba is not a very modifiable tool to fit our business requirements.  Oracle is expensive to customize, and configurations are limited.  Easy integration between Ariba and Oracle is limited.

4. What is the Annual subscription Price for your platform and upstream/downstream modules?  Upstream is about $2,000 a user.  Down stream P2P is complicated and wrapped into a bundled deal, so I can’t say with any clarity the number. 

Anonymous

1. We are a new department, and currently have an all manual process where we leverage Compliance360 as a contract repository and store documents on shared drives and SharePoint.  We just completed an RFP and are contracting with Ivalua for end to end source-to-pay.

2. Spend Analytics, Strategic Sourcing, Contract Management, Supplier Management, eProcurement, eInvoicing

3. Pros: 

a. highly flexible platform (ease of configuration instead of long/complex customization process)

b. end-user adoption – easy to use tools including dashboard and intuitive UI

c. competitive price

d. single database and underlying code as opposed to modular components that were acquired/purchased 

e. extensive knowledge library and end-user support

Cons: 

f. Newer company expanding in the US, so all references were either newly implemented (0-12 months of use) or in the midst of implementing

4. Can not disclose 

Anonymous

1) Coupa – for P2P & GEP for analytics

2) A) GEP for spend analytics and strategic sourcing/category management analysis  B) Coupa for p2p and contract management

3) GEP gives us a wealth of information across two instances of SAP.  It integrates and scrubs the data for us.  Has been a real nice boost with their adaptability

Coupa has a high adoption rate with our field users and it is easy to maintain and operate.

4) Choose not to answer 

Anonymous

1. What Procurement platform (if any) does your organization utilize?  SMART by GEP

a. Upstream

i. Spend Analytics yes

ii. Category Management yes

iii. Strategic Sourcing (eRFx) yes

iv. Contract Management yes

b. Downstream

i. Supplier Management / Risk – supplier registration currently.  Will be implementing additional items in the future

ii. eProcurement (P2P) yes

iii. Invoice and Payment invoicing only.  Payments out of our ERP

iv. Financial Management (dynamic discounts) no

3. Please list the PROS/CONS of the platform from your perspective.  Pros – integrated, SAAS model, fairly easy to use, stable  Cons – changing culture within our company to minimize customization; 

4. What is the Annual subscription Price for your platform and upstream/downstream modules? confidential

Anonymous

1) SAP purchase to order SRM solution with point solutions as follows:

2) A: Upstream: 

a. Spend Analytics – Determine

b. RFx/reverse auctions – ScoutRFP

c. Contracts mgmt – Apttus

B: Downstream:

a. Determine today and revisiting

b. SAP

c. SAP VIM with OpenText

d. None

3) I don’t subscribe to leveraging the same platform – wall-to-wall for all solutions.  I have yet to see one provider be able to provide a best-in-class solution across the various touch points, that includes SAP/Ariba, Oracle, Zycus, et al.

4) Price confidentiality and company policy precludes us from sharing this information.

I reached out to some contacts and the results were that most eProcurement solution providers can assist with all of these requirements.

Here’s a quick list I was able to compile, along with contact email addresses you can pass on to the person concerned.

In no particular order:

Synertrade: [email protected]

Ivalua: [email protected]

Unimarket: [email protected]

Coupa Software: [email protected]

Pool4Tool: [email protected]

Tradeshift: [email protected]

Other providers 

SAP Ariba

Jaggaer

Zycus

Basware

For pricing, I’d recommend the person concerned run an RFI/RFP. They will need to know the rough idea of the scope of the project, which could include the number of users, transactions, spend, suppliers, invoices, catalog suppliers etc.

I hope this helps!

Daniel 

Daniel Perry | Senior Account Executive

EcoVadis | Supplier Sustainability Ratings

Mobile: +1 (917) 251-5225

SAN FRANCISCO | NEW YORK | TORONTO | PARIS | LONDON | WARSAW | HONG KONG | MAURITIUS 

EcoVadis in 3mn | Customers | Library | Blog

Follow us for latest news: LinkedIn – Twitter – Facebook

SynerTrade happens to do all of the below mentioned! From Spend Analytics, Category Management, Strategic Sourcing (eRFx), Contract Management, Supplier Management / Risk, eProcurement (P2P), Invoice and Payment, and Financial Management (dynamic discounts). We have a unique suite of digital procurement solutions which have been recognized by industry leaders and we are more than happy to discuss all of the capabilities with any of the SIG members. We have some key differentiators in regards to be a single source, and homegrown technology that has been built and developed over the past 17 years, and used with over 650+ customers globally. 

We are more than happy to coordinate a discussion, conference call, or demo to any SIG member that has interest in learning more or simply wants to see our technology compared to others. 

Thank you for reaching out and please let me know if I can assist in any way.

Best regards,

Brenton Walton

Head of Business Development & Marketing, North America

D: 619.717.0250

C: 480.250.2847

[email protected] 

1. We use SAP and Oracle’s PeopleSoft

a.Upstream

i.     Spend Analytics – Supply Chain Data Warehouse receives information from source systems and  sends data to Oracle Business Intelligence and Tableau

ii.     Category Management – MDSL, Concur, IQ Navigator

iii.     Strategic Sourcing (eRFx) – Emptoris, SAP

iv.     Contract Management – Emptoris, SAP

b.Downstream

i.     Supplier Management / Risk – JDA Archer

ii.     eProcurement (P2P) – PeopleSoft, SAP

iii.     Invoice and Payment – PeopleSoft, SAP

iv.     Financial Management (dynamic discounts) – PeopleSoft

3.Challenges:

•Lack of integration among Risk, Contracts and P2P tools – hard to link invoice spend to a contract, link suppliers across multiple systems, establish parent/child relationships, etc.

•On-Premise makes it hard for suppliers to help us troubleshoot and issues.

•PeopleSoft is highly customized to facilitate specific business processes making it difficult to utilize the selective adoption approach to new images.

•Vulnerabilities in foundational software leads to costly, lengthy upgrades.

•Silo systems with unique data models don’t “talk to each other” well. 

•Lack of integration to source systems creates data quality issues

1.What Procurement platform (if any) does your organization utilize?  We do not utilize a broad Procurement platform for all activities but rather various technology solutions for different functions split across multiple departments (e.g., Strategic Sourcing & Procurement, Global Finance, Risk Management.  We us SAP for invoicing/AP/personnel management, SRM for shopping cart requisitioning, SharePoint for some sourcing management, legacy Lotus Notes technology  plus SharePoint and shared drives for Contract data repository, Beeline for contractor labor management (Contingent module, not SOW module).

2.Which of the following value streams do you subscribe to utilizing that platform?

a.Upstream

i.Spend Analytics – N/A (we use our in-house tools)

ii.Category Management – N/A

iii.Strategic Sourcing (eRFx) – N/A

iv.Contract Management – N/A

b.Downstream

i.Supplier Management / Risk – N/A (we use our in-house tools)

ii.eProcurement (P2P) – SRM for shopping cart requisitioning (not enterprise-wide, largely for IT organization)

iii.Invoice and Payment – SAP

iv.Financial Management (dynamic discounts) – SAP

3.Please list the PROS/CONS of the platform from your perspective. – We do not subscribe to many of the SAP platform modules today (e.g., Ariba, Fieldglass).  A pro of the SAP platform is the increasing technology solutions being added, though based on external market research the pros and cons of each technology vary significantly.  It is unclear if the success we have with the platform would translate over when adding these new modules (e.g., implementation, project team, technical support, etc.). Our Beeline application has potential to expand its platform but it requires additional integration across other internal applications; implementation of an SOW module would most benefit from an enterprise-wide approach, which is not currently a focus for our company).

4.What is the Annual subscription Price for your platform and upstream/downstream modules? – Do not have spend details in this space.

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.