Best Practices for a diversity and inclusion program

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Our company is currently developing a diversity and inclusion program. Procurement is being task to report KPIs, both internally and externally, per the recent Dodd Frank requirements.

What are other procurement organizations were doing to meet these requirements?

1. Engaging a third party who specialize in D&I?
    2. Adopting best practices? Which ones?
    3. Do whitepapers exist? Please send to [email protected]

If you wish to donate any templates or tools to this inquirer or to the SIG Resource Center, please feel free to email Mary Zampino directly at [email protected]. All templates and tools can be scrubbed by SIG and approved by you before posting.

Anonymous

I have worked to two companies that have formal diversity programs. One was due to conducting business with the US Government and the other for corporate citizenship. Both had a director level leader within the respective supply chain departments We tracked opportunities – RFQ’s to minority owned business vs total RFQ’s and total spend with diverse suppliers compared to total spend

Anonymous

This is bigger than supplier diversity; D&I includes workforce etc. For supplier diversity, they should look to some of the advocacy groups (NMSDC, WBENC etc).

Anonymous

1. Engaging a third party who specialize in D&I? On occasion we have engaged third parties who specialize in Supplier Diversity‚ Barbara Sullivan, Margaret Rawls, Sarah Lue

2 Adopting best practices? Which ones? We have developed several best practices in the following areas for Supplier Diversity, Prime Supplier Program (subcontracting), Supplier Development, Mentoring, Technical Assistance Program, Line of Business Champion Program, Outreach Ambassador Program, Internal and External Training Programs

3. Do whitepapers exist? Please provide. Yes, diversity publications (i.e. MBE Magazine, MBNUSA) provide very helpful articles on Supplier Diversity

1. Engaging a third party who specialize in D&I? Peoplefluent’s Compliance and Diversity Division is engaged with more than 100 Financial Institution Customers to ensure they are developing compliance D&I Programs, not only to comply w/the Dodd-Frank Act, but to ensure compliance with regulations imposed by all 6 government agencies (Comptroller of the Currency, the Federal Reserve System, the FDIC, the NCUA, the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, and the SEC) that may review the practices at such organizations. 2. Adopting best practices? Which ones? Internal training for D&I, holding recruiters and managers accountable for conducting outreach and Good Faith Efforts are best practices. Peoplefluent provides a one of a kind web-based solution via its Compliance Reporting Center (CRC) to assign, track, monitor, and measure effectiveness of the outreach and GFEs. On demand web based training is also available for employees/managers to view at their convenience via Peoplefluent’s Compliance and Diversity Division. 3. Do whitepapers exist? Please provide. Peoplefluent’s Compliance and Diversity Division customize for each unique client.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.